- Organization for Civil Initiatives – Organizacija za građanske inicijative OGI was founded in 1992 in Osijek.Until 1996. OGI acted as an informal group of citizens. After years of working in Slavonia and Baranja, in 2002.g. they also started to work in the Middle Dalmatia by opening regional office in Drniš.
Today organization works through two offices in Osijek and Drniš, with support from domestic and foreign donors and with self-financing through social entrepreneurship, in concordance with their business plan.
Organization developed System of quality of work and implements it through different forms of technical assistance in Croatia and abroad (Legal documents that arrange inner structure, organization of work, relations among members and employees, procedures in decision-making, responsibilities and rights of members and employees, etc. Most of the documents are brought by the Assembly and Management board, and one part of documents id brought by the organization’s management in concordance with the Statute, as well as laws, rules and regulations).
In program sense, Organization went through different phases of program work that were conditioned by the needs of the community in different periods of their work.
As a part of regular Strategic planning, OGI defined directions of work for 2009 – 2013:
Society of active citizens that actively participate in creating sustainable communities through usage of all of its potentials.
Support for citizens and public sector in development of democratic institutions and development of social services and social entrepreneurship in communities.
Organization’s strategic directions:
1. Improvement of democratic institutions of the society and social services in communities
2. Encouraging sustainable development of rural communities
Organization’s strategic directions and aims:
1. IMPROVEMENT OF DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTIONS OF THE SOCIETY AND SOCIAL SERVICES IN COMMUNITIES
• Strengthening activism of citizens in creating and implementing public policies
• Increased active inclusion of marginalized groups of citizens and their associations in social development and decision-making (especially youth and women)
• Improvement of social services in communities
2. ENCOURAGING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL COMMUNITIES
• Implementation of LEADER approach to the development of communities
• Development of non-profit entrepreneurship in communities
Web site: www.ogi.hr