EU Traineeship Programme – Call for Applications for members of IRIS Network
In the framework of the EU-funded project IRIS NETWORKing CSOs for protection sensitive migration management, implemented by Initiative for Development and Cooperation (IDC) in cooperation with partners ASB Germany, LIR CD BiH, La Strada – Open Gate the Republic of North Macedonia, Initiative for Social Change ARSIS Albania and SOS TELEPHONE Montenegro. IDC is organizing an EU Traineeship Programme open to staff members of CSOs providing social services in the Western Balkans, that are part of the IRIS Network.
The programme offers to two selected candidates an opportunity to spend up to 4 weeks in the premises of La Ligue de l’enseignement, Arras, France, and learn about solutions to fight social exclusion and empowering the most vulnerable groups, specifically foreign unaccompanied minors and get in-depth knowledge in the area of migration and social inclusion. The traineeship programme in La Ligue de l’enseignement, Arras, France will start in September 2019.
About La Ligue de l’enseignement
The programme offers to two selected candidates the opportunity to spend up to 4 weeks in the premises of La Ligue de l’enseignement in Head Office in Arras, France, and provides a learning experience in the area of migrant management and social inclusion of foreign unaccompanied minors. Travel, accommodation and living costs for selected candidates will be covered.
La Ligue de l’enseignement (the League of Education) is a secular and independent movement of popular education that acts for the citizens and social transformation. It was founded more than 150 years ago and brings together women and men who act daily to create the conditions for living together, offering educational, cultural, sports and leisure activities for all. In France, it brings together, through 103 federations, nearly 30,000 local associations and 1.6 million members. In Palais-de-Calais, La Ligue de l’enseignement represents 900 Associations and 43,000 members. The Head Office is in Arras, where the traineeship will be organized. For more information about La Ligue de l’enseignement please visit: https://www.ligue62.org/
What does the traineeship offer?
• EU knowledge – insight into the work of EU civil society organization working with vulnerable groups, specifically foreign unaccompanied minors
• Practical experience – an opportunity to take part in the La Ligue de l’enseignement day-to-day operations on programmes up to a period of up to 4 weeks
• Opportunity to put knowledge and skills into practice in your local community.
What do we and La Ligue de l’enseignement expect from you?
• Willingness to learn about La Ligue de l’enseignement and their programmes
• Contribution to everyday work with fresh insights
• A proactive attitude
Education, key skills and competences of applicants
• University degree in social science – Law, Psychology, Sociology, etc.
• Fluent French, speaking and understanding; fluent English is acceptable but the impact of the traineeship would be limited
• Active involvement and proven experience in CSOs and the area of migration, specifically foreign unaccompanied minors
• Proven familiarity with social and migration policies
• Possibility to transfer gained knowledge and experience into policies and everyday work of your CSO.
Please note that this call is exclusively open for members (staff members and/or volunteers) of CSOs providing social services in the Western Balkans that are part of the IRIS Network.
How to apply
If you are interested in participating in the EU Traineeship Programme, please send:
• your CV in Europass format
• 1 page cover letter that clearly states your motivation and your objectives/learning outcomes from this experience
v Recommendation Letter from your current employer – IRIS Network member
Assessment of applications
The assessment of applications (in order to be placed on the shortlist) will be based on the application submitted by the candidate. Please clearly indicate in the motivation letter of your application:
• How the traineeship will impact your professional capacities and your organization’s
• How you met the education, key skill and competences indicated above
Terms and conditions
The following costs will be covered:
• Travel costs (including costs for VISA permit, if required)
• Accommodation costs
• Health insurance
In addition according to available funds, the selected candidate will receive a modest daily allowance to cover subsistence costs (i.e. food and local public transports).
The traineeship in La Ligue de l’enseignement for both candidates will be at the same period. The duration of the traineeship will be up to 4 weeks.