EU Traineeship Programme Call for Applications for members of IRIS Network in CEMÉA-Occitanie – France
In the framework of the EU-funded project IRIS NETWORKing CSOs for protection sensitive migration management, implemented by Development and Cooperation (IDC) in cooperation with partners ASB Germany, LIR CD BiH, La Strada-Open Gate Republic of North Macedonia, Initiative for Social Change ARSIS Albania and SOS TELEPHONE Montenegro. IDC is organizing an EU Traineeship
Programme open to staff members of CSOs providing social services in the Western Balkans, that are part of the IRIS Network.
The programme offers to two selected candidates an opportunity to spend up to 4 weeks in the premises of CEMÉA-Occitanie, France, and gain in-sight into the methodology, best practices, quality standards for the services, referral pathways, EU legal framework within the social protection system and other relevant issues related to the provision of social protection and services in working with vulnerable groups, including migrants. The Traineeship program should provide great support to development of internal human resources of the CSOs involved as well as support for the licensing process. Thus, increase quality of social and legal services provided by CSOs through capacity building activities. It will also provide them a unique opportunity to meet their peers from the EU, to learn about their everyday work and to adopt and transfer innovative practices from the EU.
Note: Term migrant is used in a wider sense and includes different categories such as, refugees, IDPs, displaced persons, returnees under readmission agreement, asylum seekers, person likely in need of international protection, victim of trafficking.
The traineeship in CEMÉA-Occitanie will begin mid May 2019.
CEMÉA-Occitanie is a movement of new education, a non-formal education association, training organization in the field of experimentation, research and social and solidarity economy. It is nationally recognized as an association with an extensive social and collective experience of 80 years. The main pillars of work are training, social intervention, education and culture.
CEMÉA-Occitanie’s social integration activities include training of professionals and activities with beneficiaries in situations of fragility, such as social support for dropouts, unemployed people, migrants,etc.).
Furthermore, social support projects, in a non-formal education movement such as CEMÉA-Occitanie, aim to contribute to the well-being in the society, to enable people to remobilize socially through various actions (individual meetings, creative events, etc) by bringing out the core potential of each person, to give everyone back the sense of belonging to the society and to heal their life wounds.
Since 2012, CEMÉA-Occitanie has also been involved in professional support, within an integration project, for persons whose professional activity falls within the field of service provision, such as social workers, animators and similar, with the purpose of contributing to increased quality of life of vulnerable groups and supporting their social integration.
Also, CEMÉA-Occitanie offers workshops for people aged 60 and over with the aim of promotion of social cohesion.
Within the scope of activities, a parenting programme has been developed supporting parents to discover or rediscover their educational potential, raise awareness and take into account everyone’s needs, thus contributing to developing family relationship, strengthening sense of belonging and establishing principles necessary to exercise their role as parents.
CEMÉA-Occitanie contributes to the educational system and pedagogical practices in schools through extracurricular activities.
In the area of culture, activities range from trainings, support to culture interventions, experimentation and organization of cultural events, artistic production For more information about CEMÉA-Occitanie please visit: https://www.cemea-occitanie.org/
What does the traineeship offer?
EU knowledge – insight into the work of EU civil society organization working with vulnerable groups, including migrants
• Practical experience – an opportunity to play a part in the CEMÉA-Occitanie’s day-to-day operations on programmes
• Opportunity to put knowledge and skills into practice in your local community.
• Covered travel, accommodation, health security and daily allowance during the whole duration of the traineeship
What do we and CEMÉA-Occitanie expect from you?
• Willingness to learn about CEMÉA-Occitanie and their programmes
• Need to increase professional capacity in the area of migrant management and provision of social services to vulnerable groups, including migrants, and transfer know how to your organization
• Prepare a presentation describing the context in your country related to migrant management and provision of social services and work of your organization, including services provided to vulnerable groups, and / or propose a joint activity during traineeship in CEMÉA-Occitanie (it could be in the artistic or cultural field) with the purpose of getting to know each other better and understanding the environment in which your organization works in
• Contribution to everyday work with fresh insights
• A proactive attitude
Education, key skills and competences of applicants
• University degree in social science – Law, Psychology, Sociology, etc.
• Fluent French but fluent English is also acceptable
• A minimum of 1 year of active involvement and proven experience in CSOs and the area of migration and provision of social services
• Proven familiarity with social and migration policies
• Possibility to transfer gained knowledge and experience into policies and everyday work of your CSO.
Please note that this call is exclusively open for members (staff members and/or volunteers) of CSOs providing social services in the Western Balkans that are part of the IRIS Network.
How to apply
If you are interested in participating in the EU Traineeship Programme, please send:
• your CV in Europass format
• 1 page cover letter that clearly states your motivation and your objectives/learning outcomes from this experience
• Recommendation Letter from your current employer – IRIS Network member
to Jelena Leskovac at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 March 2019
Assessment of applications
The assessment of applications (in order to be placed on the shortlist) will be based on the application submitted by the candidate. Please clearly indicate in the motivation letter of your application:
• How the traineeship will impact your professional capacities and your organization’s
• How you met the education, key skill and competences indicated above
Terms and conditions
The following costs will be covered:
• Travel costs (including costs for VISA permit, if required)
• Accommodation costs
• Health insurance
In addition according to available funds, the selected candidate will receive a modest daily allowance to cover subsistence costs (i.e. food and local public transports).
The traineeship in CEMÉA-Occitanie for both candidates will be at the same period. The duration of the traineeship may vary (3-4 weeks) depending on the travel and accommodation cost.