In the framework of the EU-funded project IRIS NETWORKing CSOs for protection sensitive migration management, implemented by Development and Cooperation (IDC) in cooperation with partners ASB SEE, LIR CD BiH, La Strada-Open Gate FYROM, Initiative for Social Change ARSIS Albania and SOS TELEPHONE Montenegro. IDC is organizing an EU Traineeship Programme open to staff members of CSOs providing social services in the Western Balkans, that are part of the IRIS Network.
The programme offers to two selected candidates an opportunity to spend up to 4 weeks in the premises of Movimiento por la Paz (MPDL), Spain, and gain in-sight into the methodology, best practices, quality standards for the services, referral pathways, EU legal framework within the social protection system and other relevant issues related to the provision of social protection and services in working with vulnerable groups, including migrants. The Traineeship program should provide great support to development of internal human resources of the CSOs involved as well as support for the licensing process. Thus, increase quality of social and legal services provided by CSOs through capacity building activities. It will also provide them a unique opportunity to meet their peers from the EU, to learn about their everyday work and to adopt and transfer innovative practices from the EU.
Note: Term migrant is used in a wider sense and includes different categories such as, refugees, IDPs, displaced persons, returnees under readmission agreement, asylum seekers, person likely in need of international protection, victim of trafficking.
The programme will start in second half of March 2019.
About Movimiento por la Paz (MPDL)
Movimiento por la Paz is an independent, secular and progressive NGO working since 1983 to promote human rights, democracy and solidarity. In particular, the NGO works in the following sectors:
• In the field of migration, MPDL develops programs ranging from legal advice to emergency shelter, through awareness-raising and struggle for equality, with the aim of improving the living and foster social integration of migrants.
• In the field of socio-economic integration, MPDL provides counselling and training for unemployed people to improve their chances of finding a decent job.
• Furthermore, MPDL organises awareness-raising activities for students, teachers and family groups to promote a Culture of Peace, with the goal of creating living spaces in schools and promote integration and community development.
• Finally, MPDL focuses on volunteering and training to promote various activities that symbolize and encourage citizen participation, aimed at raising awareness and transmission of values.
Working areas of the EU Traineeship Programme in MPDL will be: Humanitarian assistance for Migrants, Programme for Asylum Seekers and Refugees, School for Peace, Women’s Area, Legal Advice Area, Social Mobilisation and Communication.
For more information about MPDL please visit: http://www.mpdl.org/
What does the traineeship offer?
• EU knowledge – insight into the work of EU civil society organization working with vulnerable groups, including migrants
• Practical experience – an opportunity to play a part in the MPDL’s day-to-day operations on programmes
• Opportunity to put knowledge and skills into practice in your local community.
• a learning experience on the provision of social services and civic movement in Spain, as well as insight into how the provision of services and the policy advocacy is shaped.
• Covered travel, accommodation, health security and daily allowance during the whole duration of the traineeship
What do we and MPDL expect from you?
• Willingness to learn about MPDL and their programmes
• Need to increase professional capacity in the area of migrant management and provision of social services to vulnerable groups, including migrants and transfer know how to your organization
• Contribution to everyday work with fresh insights;
• A proactive attitude
• Type of profile: junior position within your organization
Education, key skills and competences of applicants
• University degree in social science – Law, Psychology, Sociology, etc.
• Work experience or knowledge of some of following areas: social intervention, education, migration and gender equality.
• Working knowledge of English and basic knowledge of Spanish. Knowledge of French is an asset.
• An open and flexible attitude and the willingness to learn.
• Possibility to transfer gained knowledge and experience into policies and everyday work of your CSO.
Please note that this call is exclusively open for members (staff members and/or volunteers) of CSOs providing social services in the Western Balkans that are part of the IRIS Network.
How to apply
If you are interested in participating in the EU Traineeship Programme, please send:
• your CV in Europass format
• 1 page cover letter that clearly states your motivation and your objectives/learning outcomes from this experience and how it will contribute to your professional development and increase capacities of your organization
• Please indicate your availability in the period second half of March 2019 to second half of April 2019
• Recommendation Letter from your current employer – IRIS Network member
to IRIS Network at firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 February 2019
Assessment of applications
The assessment of applications (in order to be placed on the shortlist) will be based on the application submitted by the candidate. Please clearly indicate in the motivation letter of your application:
• How the traineeship will impact your professional capacities and your organization’s
• how you met the education, key skill and competences
Terms and conditions
The following costs will be covered:
• Travel costs (including costs for VISA permit for countries which require visa for Spain)
• Accommodation costs
• Health insurance
In addition according to available funds, the selected candidates will receive a modest daily allowance to cover subsistence costs (i.e. food and local public transport).
The traineeship in MPDL for both candidates will be at the same period. The duration of the traineeship will be up to 4 weeks.