For International Week 2020: Innovation in Humanities and Social Science
Date: 17 – 21 February 2020
Organizer: Faculty of Philosophy Skopje, North Macedonia
Peer Review Instrument
The project IRIS NETWORKing – CSOs for protection sensitive migration management is implemented by Initiative for Development and Cooperation (IDC) in partnership with The Initiative for Social Change Arsis – National Coordinator for IRIS Network Albania, LIR CD – National Coordinator for IRIS Network Bosnia and Herzegovina, La Strada – National Coordinator for IRIS Network North Macedonia, SOS Telephone – National Coordinator IRIS Network Montenegro and ASB – General Secretariat Serbia. One of the project activities is Peer Review Instrument within which Peer Review Reports will be prepared.
The aim of the instrument is to enhance regional know-how exchange between CSOs dealing with provision of social services to vulnerable groups, including migrants, and to support focused peer-to-peer exchange. The Peer Review Reports will lead to innovative recommendations on how to combine existing practices. The mechanism is to strengthen CSOs IRIS Network members in building monitoring capacities for social service provision.
International Week 2020 Innovation in Humanities and Social Science
The Faculty of Philosophy in Skopje (North Macedonia) is the organizer of International Week 2020 Innovation in Humanities and Social Science that will promote the exchange of ideas and critical discussions between participants and lecturers related to the topic of ‘Innovation in Humanities and Social Science’. The five day event will include lectures, presentations and facilitated discussions in which both lecturers and participants will contribute.
Applications from participants involved in psychology, sociology, social policy and social work are welcome.
Selection of participants – CSOs IRIS Network members
IRIS Network members (staff members and/or volunteers) from the following countries can apply: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia.
Excellent command and understanding of the English language is a precondition for the application as English will be the working language.
The participants should:
- Be engaged in an organization IRIS Network member
- at least 3 years of active involvement and proven experience in CSOs and in the area of migration management and social policy
- Proven familiarity with social and migration policies
- Motivated to increase professional capacity and knowledge in areas covered by the International Week 2020
- Demonstrated interest to increase quality standards of social services provided by his/her organization or to introduce new services
- Open to new practices and willingness to implement them in his/her organization
- Possibility to transfer gained knowledge and experience into policies and everyday work of his/her organization
- Experience in conducting analysis and preparing similar Reports
Following the International Week 2020 each of the selected participants IRIS Network members will be obliged to prepare a Peer Review Report on issues relevant for their organization and professional development based on one of the topics covered during the International Week 2020. The Participants will be obliged to submit the Peer Review Reports no later than February 28, 2020 to email@example.com.
Participation in International Week 2020 is free of charge for those participants selected through the Call. The participants will receive board and accommodation free of charge, travel will be organized and costs covered by IRIS Network.
The deadline for applications is October 31, 2019 at 5 p.m. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested to participate in the event and are willing to prepare the Peer Review Report, please send the following documents/information in English, to Jelena Leskovac at firstname.lastname@example.org and Stojne Atanasovska Dimishkovska at email@example.com)
- A short CV in Europass format
- 1 page cover / motivation letter clearly stating your motivation and objectives/learning outcome from attending the International Week 2020 and what you expect to achieve through attending; in the cover letter the applicant should indicate in which topic(s) covered he/she is most interested in.
- Recommendation Letter from your current employer – IRIS Network member
International Week 2020 starts on February 17 and ends on February 21, 2020.
Based on criteria indicated in the Call and submitted applications, in total six (6) participants will be selected.
Assessment of applications
The assessment of applications (in order to be placed on the shortlist) will be based on the application submitted by the candidate. Please clearly indicate in the motivation letter of your application:
- How the International Week 2020 will impact your professional capacities and your organization’s
Selected participants will receive a fee for covering travel, accommodation and meals during the duration of the International Week 2020. Each participant will be responsible for organizing travel, accommodation and meals.